10 Acts of Kindness to Connect
While in Kansas City Missouri I met Sam Sneed. Sam is a retired Kansas City police officer that gave his all to combatting offenders in the area. He’s focused and dedicated to the law enforcement profession as he still works for the department as a civilian. In speaking with Sam you can tell that he believes in service. Doing whatever it takes to protect his officers and the public from evil.
How do you get back a little of your creativity and positive attitude back after dealing with death, destruction and crime?
By generously helping others. In fact, the best way to get the feel good feeling back and boost your creativity and resilience is by being kind to those who don’t expect it.
Generosity doesn’t have to be a large donation. It can be as simple as a small conversation or act of kindness.
Try 1 of these today and get your feel good mojo back.
- Buy coffee for the person in line behind you.
- Buy a meal for a homeless person.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Ask someone about their day and listen.
- Call up an old friend and reconnect.
- Leave a large tip for no reason.
- Smile at everyone you encounter for a day.
- Bring coffee or lunch to someone you don’t like. Make an effort to let go of your negative feelings.
- Have a conversation with a friend and focus on speaking less. Say, “Tell me more.”
- Try to actually care